He said to me, “Child, I’m afraid for your soul.
These things that you’re after – they can’t be controlled.
This beast that you’re after will eat you alive
And spit out your bones.”
-The Oh Hellos
So. It’s time. I mean, I hate to be all motivational, but it’s really time. I’ve been lying to myself, and it’s eating me right up.
- I believed I could make myself happy.
- I believed I could earn approval.
- I believed I could control situations and people.
Well, I knew I couldn’t do any of that. I’m a smart lady. But I lived like I could. And I’ve been unsatisfied, self-conscious, living in fear.
So, really, this beast has got to go. This liar.
Thank you. Thank you for getting rid of that beast right away. Thank you for showing me Truth and making it so easy for me to believe things like:
- Happiness is an attitude, not a feeling – a cause, not an effect.
- Approval doesn’t matter and breeds jealousy.
- Control is always fruitless. Freedom comes when we erase expectations and assumed needs.
As usual, my job is to remember. So. Let’s live. Let’s fill each other with joy, unconditional love, confidence and surrender.